I have the time and knowledge to do my own financial planning and my situation is not too complicated so why should I work with a CFP® from Frontier?
You may be able to do a lot on your own. However, there are some situations where you may find you need a CFP®, such as:
- You have little or no experience with finances;
- You do not have the inclination to do it;
- You want an objective, outside perspective;
- You have a complex financial situation; or,
- You do not have the time — usually the biggest obstacle for do-it-yourselfers.
Procrastination is the greatest enemy of financial independence, and using a CFP® should keep you on track. There are some other advantages to using a CFP®. Some aspects of financial planning may be too complex for most people, such as calculating how long your retirement capital will last or maximizing tax strategies. A good CFP® will work with other professionals, such as accountants and estate planners, to coordinate their efforts with your overall financial needs.